||Publikationen von Tobias Kowatsch
||Design and evaluation of health information systems. His research was published in journals such as Computers and Human Behavior and presented at various conferences such as the European Conference on Information Systems.
- Gestaltungsorientierte Forschung
- Gesundheitsökonomische Evaluationen
- Internet der Dinge
||Tobias Kowatsch studied Computer Science in Media at Hochschule Furtwangen University (HFU) in Germany and wrote his Diploma Thesis about semantic web applications in 2005. After studying in Scotland and doing social volunteering in South Africa, he attended the Master's program Computer Science in Media at HFU in 2006. In addition to these studies, Tobias participated in workshops on computational statistics that covered structural equation modeling (SEM) and statistical computing with R.
||He first studied media and computer science at Hochschule Furtwangen University (HFU). After studying in Scotland and doing social volunteering in South Africa, he attended the Master’s program in computer science in media at HFU in 2006 and passed with distinction. Since 2012, he also holds a master’s degree in business informatics from Saarland University.
- In 2014, Tobias Kowatsch together with his co-authors received the foederatio Paedo medicorum helveticorum fPmh Award 2014 for the abstract entitled "Home Support of Obese Children and Adolescents by Means of Health Information Technology System: A Pilot Study for a Psychosomatic Based Therapy Concept" by Büchter, D., Kowatsch, T., Brogle, B., Dintheer, A., Wiegand, D., Pletikosa Cvijikj, I., Maass, W., l’Allemand, D. und J. Laimbacher. This work was part-funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (project no 135552 entitled PathMate: Effects of Ubiquitous Healthcare Information Systems on Performance of Obesity Expert and Teenager Teams)
- In 2013, Tobias Kowatsch was awarded by Deutsche Bundesbank for the best exam of the 2012/2013 year of the Master's program in Business Informatics at Saarland University, Germany.
- Best Paper Nominee and Claudio Ciborra Award Nominee: W. Maass, T. Kowatsch, S. Janzen & U. Varshney, A Natural Language Technology-enhanced Mobile Sales Assistant for In-store Shopping Situations, 19th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2011, approx. 900 submissions overall), Helsinki, Finland, 2011.
- Wolfgang Maass and Tobias Kowatsch received the Best Paper Award of the Standing Committee of the 4th Mediterranean Conference on Information Systems (MCIS'09) for their paper entitled "Let's Get Married: Adoption of Interactive Product Information For Bundle Purchases By Tangible User Interfaces" in Athens, Greece, September 2009.
- Tobias Kowatsch attended the Master's program Computer Science in Media at Furtwangen University and passed with distinction in 2006.
- Bled eConference (eBled): 2008-2010
- European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS): 2008, 2010-2012, 2014
- Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS): 2010-2014
- IEEE International Conference on Mobile Business (ICMB): 2008
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics - Part C: 2010, 2011
- Intelligent Environments: 2012, 2014
- International Conference on Digital Business: 2009
- International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS): 2009, 2013, 2016
- International Conference on the Internet of Things (IoT): 2016
- International Conference on Intelligent Environments: 2012
- International Conference on Wirtschaftsinformatik: 2011, 2013, 2015
- Journal of Information Science: 2008
- Management Research Review: 2011, 2013