The Bosch IoT Lab is currently looking for students who want to write their master thesis at the Institute of Technology Management in cooperation with Bosch
In this master thesis, the organizational and technical parameters of the maintenance effort required during the overall lifecycle of the IoT products shall be identified and orchestrated into a framework to improve the predictability of the maintenance costs.
Some of these parameters are, e.g.,
- Technical setup of the product (e.g., hardware, operating system) and its ecosystem
- Number of product variants to be maintained in parallel by a development team
- Expected number of products in the field (potentially with different variants, or different versions to be supported in parallel)
In the master thesis, an IoT product from a Bosch Division can be used to develop the framework. The results of the analysis might be used to provide a generalization for other Bosch products. Moreover, a market analysis with regard to software maintenance for IoT products may provide input to the generalization.
- Student with background in management or management & technology
- Basic knowhow in programming languages
- Interest in cyber security and the impact of cyber security in IoT products
- Analytical thinking and a structured working approach
Whom to contact?
To apply for this topic, please send an email to Fabian Schaefer <firstname.lastname@example.org> and attach your current CV, transcripts and mention your preferred starting date.