Swiss companies are facing increasingly intense pressure to improve their innovativeness and efficiency. Digitizing and choosing the right software to execute on strategies is essential to do so. However, all companies are asking themselves: Should we build the software to address our business problems and pursue our goals ourselves or buy it from a vendor? Which relevant options exist in our local market as well as internationally? What are the pros and cons?
In this thesis, which is being offered in collaboration with Amazon Web Services Switzerland, you will examine the most important Swiss B2B independent software vendors (ISVs) in a specified industry (e.g., financial services institutions, life sciences, healthcare, retail, manufacturing, or technology). You will be expected to conduct desk research to collect comprehensive secondary data as well as conduct interviews with industry experts or interest groups.
What we offer:
- Qualitative research with high practical relevance and impact
- Opportunity to gain experience in oen of the most innovative and fastest growing industries
- Working at the intersection of business and technology
- Collaboration with a market leader and pioneer in cloud computing
- Methodological support
- Dynamic and interdisciplinary team
- Strong interest in case-based research
- Strong interest in technology and strategy topics at the nexus of theory and practice
- Well-organized and conscientious approach to work
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English