You are interested in new digital services and business models in the context of Industry 4.0? You would like to work on exciting research and industry projects in combination with a practice-oriented doctorate and actively shape the digital service transformation, such as predictive maintenance or equipment-as-a-service, in industrial companies? Then become part of our team.
We are the research team "Smart Manufacturing & Services" of Prof. Friedli at the Institute of Technology Management (ITEM-HSG). Together with leading international companies from the B2B sector, we develop new approaches to successfully help them transform from a product to a solution provider and are looking for a new team member.
In one of our major upcoming projects, we will work together with industrial companies and other leading research institutions to develop sustainable business models. Here, you can investigate how smart services can improve the sustainable utilization of assets by identifying the prevailing challenges, defining the most promising use-cases and drafting an operating model. Similarly, you might analyze the machinery base of our industrial partners according to different end-of-life scenarios and the applicability of 4-R’s (reuse, remanufacturing, recycling and refurbishment/retrofit). By developing and implementing these novel solutions together with industrial companies, you will get invaluable feedback and create an impact from day one.
What you will do:
- Acquire and manage projects with leading industrial and software companies
- Develop and implement novel solution approaches for the design and marketing of digital business models with a strong strategic focus
- Work and communicate effectively with diverse teams, including senior leaders, in a structured manner
- Develop your leadership style and area of expertise in projects of your choosing, leveraging your own interests, strengths, and experiences
- Supervise final theses, interns and working students as well as prepare and accompany lectures
What you bring:
- Outstanding university degree in the field of (industrial) engineering, business administration or similar with a grade point average of at least 5.0 (corresponds to 2.0 in DE and AT)
- Result-oriented working style with a high degree of initiative, creativity and team spirit
- Strong motivation and ability to work under pressure
- Affinity for digital services and business models in the context of industrial companies
- Confident and engaging demeanor when dealing with project partners
- Ideally first consulting, industry and project management experience
- Very good knowledge of English, both written and spoken, as well as a confident handling of the common MS Office programs
What we offer:
- Inspirational Work Environment at a leading European business school with highly qualified and ambitious experts
- Network: Benefit from cross-functional events, alumni networks and partnerships
- Equal Opportunities for all employees and students with various measures in the areas of teaching, research, administration and the Presidency
- Fit & Healthy: extensive and mostly free sports activities, including a top-notch gym, fruit at the workplace and a wide selection of freshly prepared meals in our canteen
- Family & Career: a subsidized kindergarten, 16 weeks of maternity leave and flexible working hours