The Internet of Things (IoT) with its smart, connected products is having a disruptive impact on product companies. In essence, the convergence of the IoT and artificial intelligence (AI) is fundamentally changing the way they create and capture value. To leverage the potential of the IoT and AI, product companies develop digital strategies that outline how an organization uses these technologies to capitalize on their potential.
In light of these developments, we are looking for a personality with a strong will to create a meaningful impact. Are you eager to investigate how product companies develop and implement their digital strategies? Are you keen on understanding what fundamental megatrends and opportunities they address and what key measures they consequently implement? We are looking for you!
What we offer:
- Unique possibility to advance your scientific as well as entrepreneurial, management skills
- A highly motivated, interdisciplinary team of young researchers in a very pleasant atmosphere
- Direct project responsibility and close relationships with our research partners, e.g., Bosch, startups, and renowned universities
- Good conditions and work environment and the normal duration for successfully obtaining a PhD in our team is 3 1/2 years
- Strong interest in technology-based innovation, entrepreneurship, business models, and strategy
- A business and/or technology background, e.g., in management, economics, information systems, computer science, or engineering
- Prior experience in applied research projects, startups, consulting, or venture capital is advantageous
- Self-confident appearance and high conceptual and communication skills, especially regarding presenting research results to a broad and interdisciplinary audience
- Master’s degree with a GPA (Grade Point Average) of at least 5.0 (GPA of 2.0 and better in Germany or Austria) to be eligible for a PhD at the University of St. Gallen
- Profound knowledge (written/oral) in German and English