The St. Gallen Blockchain Roundtable
On 5 November 2019, the Institute of Technology Management will host the first St. Gallen Blockchain Roundtable in Zurich. The one-day event will offer its participants the opportunity to deeply immerse into the topic of decentralized platforms and their profound implications for various industries and business models. In the future, companies will engage in cross-industry platform ecosystems in order to offer a superior value proposition. However, these ecosystems must be orchestrated in a decentralized, democratized manner – or otherwise risk dependencies on central platform players such as Google, Amazon and Uber. Success will be determined by whether companies a) understand new, enabling technologies (i.e. DLTs) and b) add new inventive mechanisms to the long-standing ones (e.g. coopetition).
Numerous high-profile speakers will offer their take on the topic. Among others, there will be keynote speeches by:
- Dr. Michael Bolle, CTO & CDO, Bosch
- Dr. Karl-Thomas Neumann, former CEO, Opel
- Michael F. Spitz, CEO, Main Incubator (Commerzbank)
- Prof. Dr. Roman Beck, Professor in Information Systems and Blockchain Economist, IT University of Copenhagen
- Mario Brandenburg, Technology Policy Spokesman, FDP Parliamentary Group Germany
- Dietrich Sümmermann, Chairman of the Board, Share&Charge Foundation
- Matthias Felder, Portfolio Manager Blockchain & DLT Solutions, Deutsche Bahn
- Prof. Dr. Oliver Gassmann, Professor for Technology Management, University of St.Gallen (HSG)
- Kilian Schmück, Research Associate & Founder of Decentrivize, University of St.Gallen (HSG)
Interested? Visit our website and register today for an intense and thought-provoking day!